FRONTIER TOWN'S HISTORIC BUILDINGS
ENTRANCE & GENERAL STORE
Our main entrance and a historic building. One of the few cabins salvaged from the town of Marquette, once located where the Buffalo Bill reservoir is today.
CURLEY'S CABIN, 1895
Curley was a Crow scout with the Custer Expedition. He lived in this cabin on the Crow Reservation in Montana from 1885 to 1923. He relayed news of Brevet Major General George Custer's defeat at the Battle of the Little Big Horn on June 25, 1876. He was one of the Crow scouts who survived the battle.
MONUMENT HILL HOMESTEAD CABIN
Built by homesteaders on Monument Hill north of Cody around 1900.
THE COFFIN SCHOOL, 1884
Built in 1884 at the W Bar Ranch on the Wood River. Named from the tragic death of Alfred Nower who died of gangrene in this cabin after he cut himself in the leg while hewing logs.
BONANZA POST OFFICE, 1885
Built in 1885 in Bonanza, Wyoming Territory, one of the first settlements in the Big Horn Basin.
MUD SPRING CABIN, 1897
Used by Kid Curry and Sundance Kid as a hideout before they attempted to hold up the Red Lodge Bank, Red Lodge, Montana.
LIVERY BARN, 1890
Built on Clarks Fork Canyon about 1890.
RICE RANCH COMMISSARY, 1898
Built on the W.P. Rice Ranch on Wood River about 1898 and used as a commissary and bunkhouse.
TRAPPERS CABIN, 1885
Built on Cottonwood Creek south of Meeteetse, Wyoming about 1885.
HOME OF THE FIRST MAYOR OF CODY, 1897
Home of Frank Houx, first mayor of Cody, Wyoming. Frank Houx had this home built in 1897 and lived there until 1903. He was the first mayor of Cody, Secretary of State from 1910 to 1914, and acting Governor of Wyoming from 1917 to 1919.
MEETEETSE BLACKSMITH SHOP, 1898
THE MUSEUM OF THE OLD WEST
Contains artifacts of the Old West, including a horse-drawn hearse from the late 1800′s, prehistoric stone tools and Native American clothing and beadwork.
THE BURLINGTON STORE, 1897
Built on the Greybull River and moved to Burlington, Wyoming, the building was used as a general store for several years.
THE RIVER'S SALOON, 1888
The River's Saloon was built at the mouth of Wood River, west of present Meeteetse, Wyoming. It was frequented by cowboys, gold miners, outlaws and other colorful characters of the Old West. Bullet holes can still be seen in the door. It is the oldest remaining saloon in northwest Wyoming.
TAGGART CARPENTER SHOP, 1901
One of the first building built in Cowley, Wyoming. It was used by George Taggart, a Mormon pioneer who came to the Big Horn Basin by wagon train in 1900.
THE MORRISON CABIN, 1884
Built at the foot of Copper Mountain east of Shoshoni, Wyoming by Luther Morrison, about 1884. Morrison brought some of the first sheep into central Wyoming in 1882. Luther and Lucy Morrison lived in this cabin from 1884 to 1886.
THE SHELL STORE, 1892
Built in 1892, this was the first store in Shell, Wyoming.
HOLE IN THE WALL CABIN, 1883
This two-room log cabin was built on Buffalo Creek in the "Hole in the Wall" country in 1883 by Alexander Ghent. It was a rendezvous for Butch Cassidy, the Sundance Kid and other outlaws of the region.
Built about 1898 in the Lovell, Wyoming area.
WOOD RIVER HOMESTEAD CABIN, 1899
Fine example of log craftsmanship.
DRY CREEK HOMESTEAD CABIN, 1900
Built at the head of Dry Creek around 1900.
THE CARTER CABIN, 1897
Built by William Carter's men on Carter Mountain. Carter brought the first cattle into the Cody region.
Peter McCulloch was a Scotsman who was the foreman for the Carter Ranch, a big outfit that bought the first large cattle herd to the Big Horn Basin. This little cabin is where McCulloch and his ranch hands lived while beginning to establish the Carter Ranch in the area from 1879 to 1900.
ARLAND CABIN, 1883
Residential cabin built at Arland (Corbet Trading post) on Cottonwood Creek. The post was a trading center for hunters, trappers, and Indians.
Do you have photos of your trip to Old Trail Town?
Share them on our facebook page, tag us or post on Instagram!